Equal employment term paper

Anyone with knowledge of any violation of the FCC's EEO rules committed by a licensee of a broadcast station or an MVPD unit may notify the FCC EEO staff of the alleged violation at any time.  Complainants should keep in mind, however, that anyone filing such a complaint should include as much specific information and supporting evidence as possible in order for the EEO staff to investigate properly.  Also, because of limits imposed on the Commission by statutes of limitations on violations, it is best to file such a complaint as soon as possible after a violation occurs.  Anyone interested in filing a charge alleging that a broadcaster or MVPD has discriminated unlawfully may file with the EEO staff but, in accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the FCC and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the EEOC is the lead federal agency on determining discrimination.  If a charge is filed with the FCC, we will act as a receiving agency but will forward the charge to the EEOC for evaluation.  In accordance with the MOU, the FCC will take cognizance of any final finding of discrimination determined by the EEOC or other competent body such as a state agency or court.  The deadline for filing a charge of discrimination with the EEOC is 180 days from the date of the discrimination.  Any questions about how this deadline is determined or if there are any exceptions should contact the EEOC.

(c) In the case of any charge filed by a member of the Commission alleging an unlawful employment practice occurring in a State or political subdivision of a State, which has a State or local law prohibiting the practice alleged and establishing or authorizing a State or local authority to grant or seek relief from such practice or to institute criminal proceedings with respect thereto upon receiving notice thereof, the Commission shall, before taking any action with respect to such charge, notify the appropriate State or local officials and, upon request, afford them a reasonable time, but not less than sixty days (provided that such sixty-day period shall be extended to one hundred and twenty days during the first year after the effective day of such State or local law), unless a shorter period is requested, to act under such State or local law to remedy the practice alleged.

Equal employment term paper

equal employment term paper


equal employment term paperequal employment term paperequal employment term paperequal employment term paper